Canada permanent Residence is someone who has achieved a permanent residence status through migrating to Canada. The best part of the Canada PR Visa is that a person can enjoy all the medical and social benefits of Canada while still being a citizen of their native country.
- The first benefit of the Canada PR Visa is that the immigrant can apply for Canadian Citizenship but they at least have lived in Canada for three years before applying for citizenship.
- The second benefit of the Canada PR Visa is that they gain a right to live, work and study in Canada.
- The Third benefit is that the Government of Canada ensures their protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- The fourth benefit of the Canada PR Visa is that a Canada PR candidate can achieve the ability to enter and leave the border of Canada using their Canadian PR card or Permanent resident travel documents (PRTD).
Permanent Residence Cards
Once the person is approved for Canadian Permanent residence, they are qualified to apply for a Canadian Permanent Resident Card (PR Card). Application for PR Card is processed by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Ways to Obtain Canada PR Visa from India
There are various programs through which a candidate can obtain Canada PR Visa from India. To get a PR Visa, the candidate has to go through an application process. The application process goes through a detailed survey. The eligibility criteria for a Canada PR visa are done based on a point-based system.
According to CANADIAN (Canadian immigration law firm), Canada will welcome more than one million immigrants between the years 2020 to 2023.
Immigration Programs of Canada
There are over more than 80 ways to immigrate to Canada. Business and Economic Immigration:-
- Express Entry: Express Entry is one of the fastest ways for immigrants looking for a comfortable life in Canada.
Each year Canada welcomes around 110,000 skilled workers through Express Entry. It is an online system developed by the Canadian government to arrange and operate applications of skilled workers who are willing to move to Canada and achieve Canadian permanent residence status. The Express Entry directs three major federal economic programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSW):- Federal Skilled Worker program is directed under the Express Entry System and evaluation is done through the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Under FSW Program it is not required for the candidate to have work experience in Canada to enter Express Entry Pool but they must meet all the other eligibility criteria.
- Federal Skilled Trades (FST):- Each year under Federal Skilled Trades Program, many skilled workers are welcomed. FST candidates are assessed through the Comprehensive Ranking System. To be certified for FST Program, the candidate must have two years of work experience in a skilled trade. The experience must be secured within the previous 5 years.
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC):- The CEC is best for those candidates who have recent work experience in Canada and now looking for permanent immigration to Canada. CEC is also one of the fastest ways to move to Canada because it takes as little as 3 to 4 months to complete the process.
Apply through Express Entry Program
Applying to Express Entry is completed in two stages. In the first stage, the candidate needs to submit their profile which includes compulsory documents like:
- Language test results
- Educational credential assessment report
- A passport or travel document
In the second stage if the candidate's profile meets the eligibility criteria, and they receives an invitation to apply, they need to provide a more suitable application, identity documents, a police clearance certificate, and a medical examination certificate.
Eligibility and Requirements for Express Entry Program
Candidates with University Degrees, skilled work experience, and ordinary proficiency in English or French are suitable for Express Entry Program.
The candidate must also meet the eligibility criteria of one of the three Federal programs: Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades, and Canadian Experience Class.
To meet the eligibility criteria of the Express Entry Program the candidate must have the following:
- Have at least one year of experience in any skilled profession.
- Need to score a minimum of a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) seven in either English or French.
- Post-secondary education that is equivalent to Canadian standard with an Education Credential Assessment (ECA).
Candidates with high profiles are always selected to receive an ITA for Canada PR in comparison to those candidates who secure minimum points.
Express Entry Cost
The charges for immigrating to Canada under Express Entry Program are as follows:-
- Language Tests: Average cost for language tests is 300 CAD/17,710.66 INR.
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA): Average cost for ECA is 200 CAD/11,807.10 INR.
- Biometrics: cost for biometrics is 85 CAD/5,018.02 INR per person.
- Government fees: 1,325CAD/ 78,222.99 INR for adult & 225 CAD /13,282.99 INR for child.
- Medical examination fees: average cost – 450 CAD/ 26,565.99 INR for adult & 250 CAD / 14,758.88 INR for child.
- Police clearance certificates: average cost – 100 CAD/ 5,903.55 INR per country.
Points Calculation of Express Entry Program
Canada’s Express Entry program is usually referred to as the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Canada uses the Comprehensive Ranking System to rank the profiles of candidates in Express Entry Pool using a sequence of the following factors:
- Level of education;
- Proficiency in French or English;
- Foreign and Canadian work experience;
- Spouse factors; and
- Connections to Canada
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs): Provincial nominee Program offers a route to those individuals who are willing to immigrate to a particular Canadian province or territory.Each Canadian province runs its PNP developed to meet its determined economic and demographic needs.
According to the current PR Draw of 2022, the Canadian Government is focusing more on Provincial Nominee Program continuing the trend of 2021 and excluding the individuals from Federal Skilled Worker.
There are thirteen provinces and territories in Canada and they run their PNP Program.
Apply to Provincial Nominee Program in Canada
There is a step by step by the process through which you can apply for a PNP Program in Canada:
- Find a suitable PNP: Research about all the provinces and territories, where you are looking forward to immigrating and check the eligibility criteria of each PNP.
- Apply to PNP: After choosing a suitable PNP, submit your application for that Province.
- Provincial Nominee Certificate: If the application of the candidate is selected, the province or nominee will nominate the individual for the Canadian Permanent Residence.
- Apply for Permanent Residence: The last step is to apply for Permanent Residence.
- Sponsorship: In this, the family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents are sponsored
Eligible members to sponsor:
- Spouse/Common law Partner
- Dependent Child (adopted or biological)
- Parents & Grandparents
Canada Permanent Residence Eligibility
Canada Permanent Residence Eligibility is assessed based on a point-based system using the Comprehensive Ranking System.
The scoring system is based on the following system:
- Language Proficiency- The candidate can score 28 points in language proficiency.
- Education- Individuals can score 25 points in education.
- Work Experience- A maximum of 15 points can be scored.
- Age- The individual can score a maximum of 12 points.
- Arranged Employment - An individual can score a maximum of 10 points in this.
- Adaptability- The candidate can score a maximum of 10 points.
Important Documents for Canada PR
Individuals should prepare all the important documents before applying for Canada PR so that they won’t face problems later.
Required Documents for Canada PR Visa
- Educational Credential Assessment Certificate
- IELTS Test result or Language Certificate
- Educational certificates
- Identity Proof
- Medical and Police Clearance Certificate
- Travel Documents like Passport
In some cases, the authority may require some other documents also, so the individual needs to be prepared for tha.
Latest PR Draw of Canada
Details of 16th February 2022 Canada PR Draw:
- Number of Candidates for ITA: 1082 Invitation to apply was issued.
- Immigration Candidates: Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) Candidates
- Points Required for Canada PR 2022- 710 CRS score cut off
- Draw Number-216
According to this express entry draw, the Canadian Government is still following the trend of 2021 by excluding the candidates of the Federal Skilled Worker Program and selecting more and more candidates for Provincial Nominee Program and Class Experience Class.